- Core skills for every junior engineer.
- Detachment Technique: The River.
- Detachment Technique: The Sunshine Island.
- Detachment Technique: The Click.
- Detachment is central to my ability to address complex concerns.
- Detachment is a doorway into mindfulness.
- Detaching from the digital revolution
- Writing code affects my ability to detach.
- Attachers and Detachers
- Learning to Detach is like learning to swim. It's a skill.
- Reflections on Detachment.
- Prelude in C Major for Piano. A composition about innocence, privacy and grand realisations.
- The thing you should do before you start preparing for an engineering interview.
- What is behind your architecture?
- What is your learn goal this month?
- Sometimes GitHub flips out and complains about a merge conflict when there is no merge conflict.
- What does it take to be a lead engineer?
- Notes from a Ruby on Rails Performance Workshop with Nate Berkopec.
- The wholelistic delivery star. Inspiring Ownership and Leadership.
- Going from under communicating to over communicating.
- Effective one on ones with C.A.M.P.S.
- Decommissioning Musomap, the global map of musicians.
- Decision Flow. The mechanics of making good decisions in a team of smart people.
- I turned my disco yoga high intensity interval training shuffle cards into a free app.
- The mechanics of being lean.
- What is an agile process drill and how can it drive radical transformation?
- What is the best way to host an effective meeting?
- Allegro. F major. Mozart Piano Sonata No 12. (K 332).
- Pull Request Assistant. A Slack bot that keeps an eye on your GitHub organization.
- Clean code with Sandi Metz, Kent Beck and Uncle Bob.
- Allegro Assai. F major. Mozart Piano Sonata No 12. (K 332)."
- Adagio. B♭ major. Mozart Piano Sonata No 12. (K 332).
- gitMarkdown. A markdown editor app with seamless github integration.
- Progress Recorder App.
- Keeping your apartment warm with Heat Seek NYC and Pivotal.
- NYC Votes goes paperless with Pivotal.
- Violin duets at Art 100 NYC.
- A TDD workshop at Pivotal.
- A dependency injection workshop at Pivotal.
- Performing with Chelsea Symphony.
- What impact will Amazon Go have on your job?
- My first day at Pivotal NYC.
- Violin Etude in G Minor by Kahne Raja.
- I just spent the last 3 months in Brooklyn NY working as a Software Engineer on the Hillary Clinton 2016 campaign. Here's one thing I've learnt.
- My last day at Readify, very sad to be leaving.
- The three phases of organisational maturity with Kent Beck at ThoughtWorks NYC.
- If you need me I'll be in Brooklyn writing code for Hillary Clinton.
- My top picks from NDC Sydney.
- Artwork in aid of Aberdare Ranges Primary School, Kenya.
- Prelude in C Minor.
- Julian Baggini at the Sydney Writers' Festival on Free Will, Accountability and Feedback
- My heart break around music, friendship, work and love is dissecting through the endless act of drawing, composing and writing code.
- I reclaim my name.
- What is a 'one on one peer review feedback lunch' and how can it help you build a scalable progressive fabric in any business?
- Martin Fowler talking at the Australian Technology Park in Sydney.
- NIDA's art of story telling for business professionals at the Spectrum Now Festival.
- I started a podcast. It's all about getting to know the awesome people I work with at Readify.
- Semver is a powerful example of agreement and wide spread collaboration.
- What is a 'feedback seeking culture' and how do we get there?
- Yammer Awards. I built a client app to help us create awards for people who use Yammer in weird and wonderful ways.
- Here's why I moved to Jekyll after loving Wordpress for more than 10 years.
- At times I can be a dickhead, and that makes building awesome technology really hard.
- The future of story telling at the University of Technology Sydney.
- Here's a collection of new agile team work methodologies inspired by the way chefs prepare vegetables.
- Here are 3 fresh examples of real world agility I saw today.
- Notes on the social concept of feedback.
- Cross functionality is the key to frontend developer and UX specialist collaboration.
- More reasons why I love Drawing.
- Worst Words: A compendium of cant, gibberish and jargon. By Don Watson.
- Switch track conversations. Handling Feedback is hard work!
- What will make the Glebe Island White Bay Area Precinct the truly vibrant tech hub that Sydney so richly deserves?
- Loose coupling and high encapsulation with Udi Dahan at Microsoft Sydney.
- Am I a helicopter scrum master?
- What can these Codecamp kids teach us seasoned professionals about writing better code?
- EDX ulab kickoff with Otto Scharmer.
- 10 things I want to say on Confidence and Identity.
- Gilbert and Sullivan Opera Sydney Fundraising Raffle
- Experimenting with Scale and Time at Sketchmeet Sydney
- One Sydney Charity Auction at CreateOrDie Marrickville
- Celebrate #DrawingAugust with @ArtKahne at Parliament on King.
- Presenting compelling, energetic and passionate ideas with 13 basic questions.
- The Social Contract. A presentation on forming agreements, bringing change and allowing for failure.
- How long is the optimal PBI?
- Learning the violin took 10,000 hours. Making the transition to viola took 30 seconds.
- What does success look like when you've only got 72hrs from start to finish? Team work.
- Business VS Development. 40 love.
- An IT sector revolution. The Premier League. Get an agent.
- Agile is dead. Let's try Win-Lose development.
- The more I think about my every day work, the more I realise, every project I work on would be more effective if the team operated like a startup.
- Managing oneself, the power of now and the five dysfunctions of a team
- I did not realise that Git tracks 5 versions of the same file.
- Passion and care is the way to building software that jumps over unexpected hurdles.
- Will AngularJS and Polymer merge in the future?
- Here's what I took away from TechE4.
- It's so good you might end up falling in love and getting engaged. I did.
- Let's be frank, the numbers on women in information technology are shocking.
- Here's why recursion is so important when we start to think about functional programming.
- An evening of F# with Jorge Fioranelli
- Tiger & Panda Duets
- My first day at Australia's best tech consultancy Readify.
- The Internet of Things in Sydney
- People are not Resources
- 12 things you can do to get developers writing more (better) unit tests
- Here's a graph that explains how happy you feel about your job
- Sydney's .Net mobile developers at Envoy
- Backstage at The Concourse with the Willoughby Symphony Orchestra
- Here's what I learnt from two days of TDD with Wakaleo
- Fishburners, the coolest Startup Breakout space in Sydney
- ApiExplr 1.0
- DevOps. Treating infrastructure as code.
- Thank you Ron Jefferies!
- Sydney's continuous delivery crew
- Willoughby Theatre Company magic
- The journey of acceptance test driven development
- Releasing Musomap mobile 2.0.4
- Building a web api explorer
- My top three quotes from the Scrum Primer
- The readify code challenge
- TDD with Jasmine and AngularJS
- Five layers of mapping in a service oriented architecture
- OCTOPUS DEPLOY, TEAM CITY & POWERSHELL
- GOOD ARCHITECTS AVOID MAKING DECISIONS
- EXPLORING DOMAIN DRIVEN DESIGN
- MY TOP 10 TDD PAYOFFS
- SYDNEY ALT.NET USER GROUP. JUNE 24. BIG DATA.
- GET USED TO IT
- DEAR UNCLE BOB
- ENTITY FRAMEWORK 6 INHERITANCE STRATEGY
- SCRUM SPRINT PLANNING MAYHEM
- MY TOP 10 FAVOURITE RESTful PRINCIPLES
- WHAT REST IS AND ISN'T
- BUILDING UML DIAGRAMS IN VISUAL STUDIO
- GETTING STARTED WITH WINDOWS WORKFLOW RULES ENGINE
- GETTING STARTED WITH NxBRE
- 10 things I do that make my code more defensive
- .NET BUSINESS RULES ENGINE PLAYERS
- IS TDD DEAD?
- UNIT AND INTEGRATION TESTING WITH ENTITY FRAMEWORK AND UNITY
- FATHER FORGETS BY W. LIVINGSTON LARNED
- WHAT CERTIFICATION WOULD YOU RECOMMEND TO A SENIOR .NET DEVELOPER?
- MISS SCRUM, IS IT COOL IF I CHECK THIS IN AND GO HOME NOW?
- HOW DO YOU CHECK-IN?
- WCF SERVICE CUSTOM HEADERS
- BACK TO WCF BASICS
- SIGNING AND ENCRYPTING A JWT OAUTH TOKEN
- LET'S DISPOSE OF THIS WCF SERVICE CORRECTLY
- THIS IS ME EXPLORING MARKDOWN
- N-TIER THINKTECTURE SERVICE ORIENTED ARCHITECTURE
- 45 YEARS ON FROM ALAN WATTS
- WEB API 2 AUTHORISATION HERE, HERE & HERE
- ACCOUNTS WITH MICROSOFT.ASPNET.IDENTITY.CORE
- 3RD PARTY AUTHENTICATION WITH MVC5
- RUNNING THINKTECTURE AUTHORIZATION SERVER LOCALLY
- GETTING STARTED WITH THINKTECTURE OAUTH TOKEN SECURITY
- WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ENTITY FRAMEWORK?
- WHY IS IT THAT WHEN YOU HAVE FUN AT WORK YOU MUST ALSO GREASE YOUR BOSS'S WHEELS?
- CAN YOU TRUST A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER?
- WHAT IS A SCRUM JOY TASK?
- WHY BOTHER WITH RESTful SERVICES
- IS CASH ACTUALLY ENTERTAINING?
- THE STRATEGY PATTERN
- THE STATE PATTERN
- THE CHAIN OF RESPONSIBILITY
- HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN A TENDER HEART IN A CRUEL WORLD?
- MIKE COHN'S TEST PYRAMID
- WHAT IS TOGAF?
- WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
- THE AUSTRALIAN LIVE MUSIC PARTY
- IS THIS THE FACE OF AUSTRALIAN CONTEMPORARY MUSIC?
- AN MP, A RESIDENT AND A LOCAL MUSICIAN WALK INTO A BAR.
- ARTS NSW GRANTS. NEW PROJECTS.
- LEICHHARDT ESPRESSO CHOIR CELEBRATING LOCAL TALENT
- OPEN PRACTICE ROOMS
- THE ECONOMICS OF NSW ART
- DENIS KOZHUKHIN WITH THE ADELAIDE SYMPHONY
- WILLOUGHBY SYMPHONY LOVE STORIES
- I'M A MUSICIAN, WHO SHOULD I VOTE FOR?
- SHANE WARNE THE MUSICAL
- A SOLUTION FOR TRIPLE Js SHIPIN DICK FOREST PROBLEM
- NSW CREATIVE INDUSTRIES – THE UNLIMITED RESOURCE
- VIVID SYDNEY TURNS ITS BACK ON LOCAL ARTISTS
- WTF IS THE AUSTRALIA OFFICE FOR THE ARTS?
- AUSSIE COMMUNITY ORCHESTRAS FUEL ALCOHOL FREE NIGHT TIME ECONOMY
- CLASSICAL MUSIC AND CONTEMPORARY CULTURE
- KAHNE RAJA BLOCKED BY FACEBOOK
- 10 Years Of Neglect Wiped Away By A. R. Irwin Violins
- Wesfarmers Token Support For The Arts
- 5000 Badass Words On The State Of Live Music In Sydney
- Google Take A Slice of Apple's Music Pie
- Open Mic Comedy Night At The Roxbury Hotel!
- The Sale of Annandale Hotel
- Everyone Loves What I Do So Why Can't I Get Paid!
- Get Involved As Idea Bombing Kicks Off Tonight!
- A Secret Birthday
- Sydney Food Truck Debate Heats Up
- I just decided I'm in favour of an Australian Republic. Can we vote again?
- Who Owns The Future Jaron Lanier
- Sydney Loves Melbourne and Melbourne Loves Sydney. OK?
- Jaron Lanier Opening My Eyes To Live Music Limitations
- Dave Grohl And Talent Show Contests
- Our Beloved Addison Road Markets
- Thomas Talmacs Orchestra In Glebe
- James Packer An Assault On The Public Interest
- On Set With Leo And The Great Gatsby Orchestra
- Nicole Kidman Prancing Around in Short Shorts For Swisse
- The Music Of Place Book Launch With Jon Rose
- Saturday at The Sydney Seafood School