Here’s what I learnt from my first day @Readify Sydney.
If Batman worked in IT he’d be a consultant.
Today I started with Readify. I was lucky enough to get through the extensive interview process over the past few weeks.
It’s great to feel like the dumbest person in the room again.
Attending meetings, discussing ideas, picking up new gear, client assignment. With eveything else going on today I’m surprised we fit all this in!
- 8:30am: Arrive and connect. Documentation. Skills matrix.
- 10:30am: Buddy introduction and initial support. Thank you for your very warm and supporting guidance. Coffee. A local cafe in Darlinghurst. The sunshine. I’ve got a lot to learn.
- 11:30am: Meet and great lead consultants. It’s interesting to meet a pair of well seasoned and talented Readify consultants. Guys who’ve been in the business for many years and know what they are looking for in a new recruit. These guys don’t waste any time. Suitability.
- 12:30pm: Lunch with People Management. A very friendly and encouraging lunch. More about what it means to join the team and work your magic. Structure. Progress. Development. Improvement. It takes a lot of patience to deal with over 100 hands on software developer nerds. These guys have a fresh approach.
- 2:30pm: Meet state management. Share skills. Team background. Direction. Travel stories.
- 3:30pm: Client assignment. Discussion on suitable clients and top secret high profile projects, seriously.
- 4:30pm: Spend some device allowance on a new Microsoft Surface Pro 3 at JB Hifi. Thanks Jarrad (jb hifi staff at town hall – awesome staff) for all your help with my new laptop! We (along with the guys at work via our internal social network) had a lengthy debate over the surface3, Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 and the new Macbook Pro. picking out a device is a great way to get device chatter flowing. thanks again for all your help guys.
Meeting rooms and breakout
The Sydney office has limited space. When things get busy the local hipster cafes of darlinghurst suffice. It’s a win win. There’s something very open and inclusive about the way the Sydney Readify crew communicates.
My first impressions
Readify is a fast paced, challenging, supportive, open and resourceful working environment.
I hope to do my best as a new Readifarian.